Let's draw a line under Crime - Crime tips
Thanks for checking out the crime prevention pages of our website. You're now just a few simple clicks away from improving the safety of your home and belongings.
We have also produced a special animated video to support the campaign.
Top Crime Prevention Tips
By taking simple crime prevention measures, you can protect yourself, your home, your business and your vehicles.
1. Keep wallets and purses out of sight
2. Lock windows and doors when you go out
3. Don’t leave mobiles or iPods on pub or café tables
4. Keep valuables out of reach of windows and doors
5. Remove sat-navs, radios and CDs when leaving your car
6. Lock up any sheds, garages and outbuildings
7. Don’t leave handbags open
8. Note down serial numbers of electrical goods
9. Postcode mark your property
10. If you need to leave shopping in your car, put it in the boot.