Ask The Police

If you need to speak to us regarding an incident, we can offer you a diary appointment to discuss your concerns at a time and place convenient for you. Call us on 101 to book an appointment.

You can find answers to frequently asked questions on Policing on 
'Ask The Police' - The Official Police resource for England and Wales

Hate Crime: Safe Reporting Centres

 Safe Reporting Centre

Safe Reporting Centres provide a supportive environment for people to report disability hate crime to police. Wherever you see this logo, you can visit the centre where you can report incidents and access help and information.

Visit the Hate Crime section for more information about Safe Reporting Centres in your area.

Contact information

If somebody's life is in danger or a crime is taking place, call 999.

Northumbria Police always Protect the Vulnerable. If you or someone you know is vulnerable always contact Northumbria police.

If you need a non-emergency police reponse, call 101.
If you are the victim of crime or have witnessed any non-emergency incident occurring within the Northumbria Police area, you can call 101 or alternatively use the online reporting form

Use the icon links on this page to view more information and find out if Northumbria Police is the appropriate service to contact.

In many cases, there are more appropriate options.

Contact Northumbria Police

In a non-emergency situation you can text us on: 07786 200 814 

For people who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired:  
  • In an emergency, text to 999
  • In a non-emergency, text to 07786 200 815
  • In a non-emergency, textphone 18001 101 
If you are calling from outside of England & Wales, please call: (+44) 1661 872 555

Report online using our 101 form