Domestic abuse can be when someone in your family is being violent at home.
- It can start with this person shouting at someone else. Sometimes, this can lead to violence.
- Seeing or hearing someone you love being hurt is really frightening.
- You might feel angry, helpless, guilty or ashamed.
- It might affect your schoolwork and you might have trouble sleeping.
- You might feel very lonely.
- Talk to someone you trust, a teacher, relative or, if you have one, a social worker, about what's happening.
Remember: It is not your fault and it is not your job to stop it.
If you need help.....You can call ChildLine anytime on 0800 1111 or you can speak to a counsellor online in a 1-2-1 chat. You can also speak to other young people on the Abuse and Safety Message Board.