Northumbria Police FAQsEach week, Northumbria Police receives hundreds of calls from members of the public asking for answers to various questions.
We have created a frequently asked questions (FAQs) section answering your most popular questions.
Please choose from the categories listed below or use the links on the 'Choose a page' section.
If you can't find what you're looking for, over 500 of the most popular questions and answers are now available on a national police FAQs website run by the Police National Legal Database (PNLD).
It provides information to the public about situations they will come across in their everyday life, such as personal safety, anti-social behaviour, what to do if an alarm is sounding, when to report a road traffic collision to the police and fixed penalty notices.
View All FAQs
Contacting Northumbria Police
Crime prevention and reduction
- How should I record serial numbers or descriptions of my property?
- How communities can help police defeat terrorism
Freedom of Information Act
- Can I view the register of gifts and hospitality provided to personnel?
- Can I obtain information on the Collision Records Tariff & Request Form?
Jobs and recruiting
- What can I do to prepare myself for applying to the force to become a police officer?
- At what age can I apply?
More Jobs and recruiting FAQs...