Northumbria Police FAQsEach week, Northumbria Police receives hundreds of calls from members of the public asking for answers to various questions.
We have created a frequently asked questions (FAQs) section answering your most popular questions.
Please choose from the categories listed below or use the links on the 'Choose a page' section.
If you can't find what you're looking for, over 500 of the most popular questions and answers are now available on a national police FAQs website run by the Police National Legal Database (PNLD).
It provides information to the public about situations they will come across in their everyday life, such as personal safety, anti-social behaviour, what to do if an alarm is sounding, when to report a road traffic collision to the police and fixed penalty notices.
View All FAQs
Contacting Northumbria Police
Freedom of Information Act
- How do I get the information that I want from Northumbria Police?
- Can I view the register of gifts and hospitality provided to personnel?
Jobs and recruiting
- What can I do to prepare myself for applying to the force to become a police officer?
- At what age can I apply?
More Jobs and recruiting FAQs...
Motoring and vehicles
- What would be the response of Northumbria Police in the event of a major incident or large-scale public emergency?
- Corporate Communications - 385/14