How should I contact Northumbria Police?
Dated: 01 May 2012
We want to make it easier for you to contact us. There are two phone numbers that you can use. Call 999 If there is any danger or risk to life or a crime is in progress. Call 101 for non-emergencies This number is a general contact line to:
- report an incident or crime
- contact your local neighbourhood police officer, or
- request information or advice.
Online reporting of minor incidents
In addition, you can use the internet to report non-urgent, less serious crimes. The system links into a national web site and can be used to report details of the following offences:
- Burglary (non-dwelling)
- Criminal damage
- Making off without payment
- Theft from or damage to motor vehicles.