Northumbria Police FAQsEach week, Northumbria Police receives hundreds of calls from members of the public asking for answers to various questions.
We have created a frequently asked questions (FAQs) section answering your most popular questions.
Please choose from the categories listed below or use the links on the 'Choose a page' section.
If you can't find what you're looking for, over 500 of the most popular questions and answers are now available on a national police FAQs website run by the Police National Legal Database (PNLD).
It provides information to the public about situations they will come across in their everyday life, such as personal safety, anti-social behaviour, what to do if an alarm is sounding, when to report a road traffic collision to the police and fixed penalty notices.
View All FAQs
Crime prevention and reduction
- Disciplinary Proceedings - 161/10
- How should I record serial numbers or descriptions of my property?
Freedom of Information Act
- Are Northumbria Police able to accept sponsorship from partner agencies and external organisations to support non core policing activities?
- Can I view the register of gifts and hospitality provided to senior personnel?
Jobs and recruiting
- What qualifications do I need to become a Police Officer, Special Constable or Community Support Officer?