About My Role
Sergeant Steve Nicholson
I am the Neighbourhood Beat Manager Sergeant (NBM) for North Shields.
The role of the Neighbourhood Beat Manager Supervisor is to ensure and enable staff police the area for which they are responsible and work with the community and other agencies to ensure community safety and crime reduction.
- I am responsible for managing the Neighbourhood Beat Managers, Police Community Support Officers and Special Constables in the provision of intelligence led crime and disorder reduction in an allocated sector.
- Providing a focus on visible, reassurance based uniform patrolling.
- Identifying and implementing problem solving initiatives using NBM's and other relevant resources.
- Liaising with Community FIOs and Community Support Team Sergeants to identify local crime and disorder trends and solutions to these.
- Deployment of Special Constables and Police Community Support officers as appropriate to maximise visibility and reassurance in a given sector.
- Speaking at or making presentations to meetings/forums as appropriate.
- Providing a proactive resource to support Community Inspectors targets and priorities.
I joined Northumbria Police in 2000 and have worked for five years in CID as a detective constable before being promoted in 2007 to sergeant. This has given me a good investigative and problem solving background.
I joined North Tyneside Area Command in 2008 as a 24/7 shift sergeant working at both Killingworth and more recently in North Shields.
Working with a strong team I will meet your policing needs and make your community safer by reducing crime and disorder.
- By E-Mailing your neighbourhood team
- By phoning 101 and asking for extension 69191