About My Role
PC Robert Smith
I joined the Metropolitan Police in 1985 and served in the Wembley area of London until I transferred to Northumbria Police in 1989.
Upon transferring I was posted to the Sunderland Area Command and have served in the area throughout this time. I have spent the majority of my time working in the Hendon area, however I have also worked in the Millfield, Barnes and Grangetown areas. I have also spent about three years working in the Sunderland North Area Command covering all areas on that side of the water.
I transferred to my current role, as a Neighbourhood Beat Manager, in February 2006 and have enjoyed the variety of work it involves, which is in both residential and commercial. I attend numerous meetings which includes the City Centre Shopwatch Scheme and local residents meetings with the occupants of Astral, Planet and Solar House.
I am also involved with the Sunderland Shopwatch Scheme which involves the monitoring of retail premises in the Sunderland City area. My aims in my role are:
- Combat all kinds of disorder, eg drunkenness,public order and violence by taking positive action against the offenders.
- Target prolific offenders for theft,criminal damage, burglary and disorder.
- Provide high visibility patrols to deter such offences
- Build closer contacts with people who reside or work in the city centre.
I believe with the support and assistance of the community we can not only work towards the reduction of crime but also reduce the fear of crime.
- By E-Mailing your neighbourhood team
- By phoning 101 and asking for extension 69191